Being a part of the CHS Truckettes is an extra-curricular activity (like any other sport) and practices occur after school. The dance team consist of a “performance” team and a “competitive” team (who are also a part of the “performance” team).
- The competitive dancers of the Churchland High School dance team are an award-winning team who have competed on the east coast, and have brought “home” 1st and 2nd place awards year after year.
- Students have the opportunity to partake in convention classes led by well-known professional artists from around the globe, competitions, and community service opportunities, as well as perform in community events, home basketball games (when applicable), parades, and concerts in and outside of the school.
- Application packets are made available to Churchland High School students during the first week of school and can be retrieved from the Churchland High School’s dance educator.
How to Participate
- To become a member of the CHS Dance Team, submission of a completed application, 3 recommendations, transcripts, a minimum GPA of a 2.5, and discipline record must be submitted prior to auditioning.
- One audition is held every year and occurs the second Tuesday of every school year (specific auditioning date is made available in the application packet). Students who are enrolled in a Center of Excellence Visual and Performing Arts Dance course can also audition for the competition team on the same day.
The successful completion and submission of all application documents, an audition and interview, and the recommendation of the team’s coach will determine acceptance onto the team.